Wednesday

Cold Weather Lovelies

I originally had another post planned for today, but since we have snow on the ground and temps are at freezing all day today and Friday I figured it would be a good time to share my favorite cold weather products!

This isn't a huge list - it's just some items that I keep on stand by when it's particularly cold.

1) Vaseline Lip Therapy. I went through a phase this fall where my lips were so dry. I am a chap stick queen and have all different brands and favorites on hand. I tried absolutely everything I had and nothing was working. I forget I had the vaseline and pulled it out of a drawer and viola - no more chapped lips! It's also really great to put on before bed.

2) Kendi Bamboo Oil. I cannot say enough good things about this stuff! I am not usually into oils but this stuff smells so good and leaves my hair shiny - not oily! It's good for all year round but I really love it in the winter when my hair can become a bit dry and static-y. 

3) Speaking of hair stuff - Moroccan Deep Condition. When I originally got this, I had a love hate relationship with it. Long story short - I wouldn't put it on your scalp. Just the part of your hair by the nape of your neck and below. Otherwise it made my hair feel greasy at the scalp. Once I figured that trick out - I love it!

4) Josie Maran Highlighter. Once again, this stuff can be used year round and look gorgeous, but during the winter I miss the glow that the sun gives to my face. To compensate for that I mix just a little of the highlighter with my foundation or tinted moisturizer and it gives a soft natural glow.


5) A great moisturizer! I have currently been loving Origins A Perfect World moisturizer. I love it because it is thick and creamy and leaves my face feeling moist - for lack of a better term. I know, that's terrible! And it also has an SPF of 25! Don't forget in the winter that SPF is still important!
6)Lush Ocean Salt. I love to slather this stuff all over my body and just a little on my face. Gets off all that dead skin and then I just put my favorite body lotion on after I'm tried off!


Off the top of my head, these items are my absolute favorites for cold months/days. What do you incorporate into your line up during the colder months? 

Happy Wednesday everyone! Half way to the weekend!



*I paid for all these products myself

4 comments

  1. Those all look awesome! I am going to have to try out the deep conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep the Vaseline lip therapy with me everywhere I go! I will have to try the Lush Ocean Salt (wonder if they sell it online)..I love a good exfoliator :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I most always us Vaseline on my lips and elbows for superb moisture. You can't go wrong it's fabulous stuff !!!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.