Monday

But Why is All the Beer Gone??

Another Monday has arrived and this week marks my first test of the semester - bummer. Also, possibly more snow for the south! This weekend was eventful in the household. 

Daniel's Grandmother ended up in the hospital but I am happy to report that she is doing much better and should be going home very soon!

Beginning Friday morning I felt like utter crap. Terrible headache and my stomach was not happy. I figured if I got some more sleep I might shake whatever was happening on Friday so that I wouldn't feel bad at the beer festival.

Commence Saturday morning! I felt even worse than the day before. After moping around for a bit I magically felt better and decided that yoga was the best thing for me to do - boy was I wrong. That yoga class was a struggle all around. I wasn't even capable of any of the balancing poses because I was dizzy. Once yoga ended, the magic kicked in again, and I felt miraculously better. Once again this was short lived. With no hopes of anything changing Daniel and I headed off to the beer festival and I crossed my fingers that the beer wouldn't kill my stomach - coupled with not eating a ton from feeling like crap I was rather optimistic about this beer festival. 

And let me just say, even though I wasn't 100%, the beer festival was a blast!! Minus the fact that there were way too many people (Definitely doing V.I.P. next year) who didn't move, the beer was great. Did I get any pictures?? Nope! That hope flew out the windows as soon as I got there and was annoyed that I didn't feel good and couldn't get to the beer without shoving my way through a hot area and huge crowd. After I got over my urge to kindly shove people aside when they wouldn't move after I said "excuse me," it was so much fun. When you entered you get a little glass personalized for the beer festival that you bring around to get your "2 ounce" taste. Thankfully most the guys serving for the brewing companies didn't follow this 2 ounce rule. Especially if you liked the beer and went back more than once. I will definitely be going back again and recommend that everyone who is a beer fan and lives in/visiting the NC area look into Beer Army to see what events they have going on! So many good breweries, free beer, live music - what more could you want?! 

Utter Craziness



I did go to bed not feeling all too hot that night because of my stomach but I woke up Sunday morning and was a-okay. Don't ask. I am lucky to rarely have hangovers or feel crappy from drinking - and I certainly do not understand how I can feel sick, drink beer, and wake up the next day totally fine. It's a mystery! 

In other news: The nuggets turned 5 months on Saturday! They have been doing so good - I couldn't be more pleased. 



I hope everyone had a great weekend and as always, it is time for a short Motivational Monday quote! :)

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.~Proverb"


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.