Wednesday

First Impression: NYX Liquid Suede Lipsticks

Earlier today I picked up two colors from NYX's Liquid Suede Lipstick line.

Left: Soft spoken Right: Vintage

I originally went looking for NYX's new Lip Lingerie, but sadly my Ulta did not have them so I ended up with these because I liked the colors. 

There are twelve colors in the line and there is a good color range. The two I have are Soft Spoken and Vintage. 
I ripped open Soft Spoken as soon as I left the store to see what I thought.

Soft Spoken 

Soft Spoken to me is a 'my lips but better' type of color. 

Vintage

Vintage is a beautiful plum-ish red.

After wearing both of these shades throughout the majority of the day I will say that I will definitely be wearing these. The major thing about these that I like is that, for me, they were extremely comfortable to wear. They are pigmented and they do change from a glossy look, when first applying, to a suede like finish. I wouldn't say they are totally matte but they are extremely close. They wore well on me for about 3-4 hours each and then started fading. I even wore soft spoken in the shower and it stayed on with light fading.

Here is what they are not. 
They are not long wearing and they are not transfer proof.
Photo taken about 5 minutes after I applied soft spoken

Overall, if you are not bothered that they transfer a bit and do not care that they won't stay on your lips for eight hours then I would recommend these. For $7 a piece at Ulta I think they are worth it. For a quick comparison, I recently bought Kat Von D's Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and wore it to dinner over the weekend...while A) it is gorgeous B) I like the applicator better BUT when I came home from dinner 2 hours later I felt that there was no product left on my lips. For $20 that is highly disappointing. I am going to give it another go and test the wear time for my Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick, but I just wanted to point that out when talking about the wearability and price of the NYX Liquid Suede Lipsticks. 

Have you picked up any of these? If so, what do you like and dislike about them?





2 comments

  1. Love soft spoken. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is definitely one of my go to colors right now.

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.