Monday

Weekend (of shock and horror) Recap

A lot went down this weekend. 
It started off well and ended well but there were a few issues in between. 

Lets begin.
 On Saturday I managed to attend beer fest! Nick and I purchased the VIP tickets, which was totally awesome because the lines weren't long and you could enjoy your beer without being squashed in a corner with all the people. 
I would have taken a lot more pictures but clearly the beer tasting was more important.



Ready for a fun story?
So Nick and I were having a grand ol' time and about 3 hours in I decide that I am going to stand in line {VIP time was over, boo} and taste another beer. As I attempt to squeeze past the last person in line I do a double take and realize something...
There's my ex. Normally this wouldn't be such a shock, but if you need to know what happened, read about it here.

Now, let me just tell you that I knew we would run into each other eventually and I consider myself lucky that it took almost a year for this to happen, but the fact that it happened when I was intellectually compromised (i.e. beer fest for 3 hours) was not so promising. 
Well I made it real awkward when I crashed into Nick as flight mode kicked in and bailed. We did end up face to face later on and that was short and brief. Phew.

So I enjoy the rest of beer fest and think that my day is getting better...but the worst was yet to come.
Nick and I Ubered home and as I was getting out of the Uber my phone hit the pavement. No biggie, this has only happened a million times - except this time was different. 

This time my mighty warrior of a phone just couldn't take the beating and as I went to text someone I noticed that the screen had cracked. 
The fact that I have never broken a phone before + emotions running high from the run-in at the beer fest + lots of beer =


Ah, never a dull moment. 

Besides the fact that I smashed my phone, I really did have a good weekend. 

How was your weekend?


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.