Wednesday

First Impression: BareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm

Welcome back for another first impression post!
I received a 3-pack of BareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm for Christmas. 

I have a nude (Nude Passion), a pink (Pink Passion), and a red/plum color (Plumberry Pop).


Swatches: 

Pink Passion

Plumberry Pop 

*I didn't include the nude because it doesn't show up when I take a picture of it. I have fairly pigmented lips so it only gives my lips a little shine along with the moisturizing effect.

The product contains passion fruit seed oil and Vitamin E to help nourish your lips. 
After wearing all three colors, I noticed a few things. They are moisturizing and feel great on my lips. The pink and plumberry stain my lips and last for about 2 hours.

The pink faded nicely as I wore it but the plumberry originally faded nicely but then I noticed that it left a color rim around my lips. I may try it out with a lip liner and see if that fixes the problem, because I do like the color. 

The pros: 
I do not notice a scent
They are comfortable to wear and moisturize my lips
The colors are pretty for everyday wear

The cons:
Some do not fade as well as others
Not long lasting - but they don't claim to be!

If you are looking for a comfortable color to pop on from time to time that moisturizes your lips and offers you a tint of color, I think some of the lighter shades are perfect. The darker color that I have is more high maintenance and requires more upkeep. 

Another alternative - that I LOVE - is Revlon's Lip Butters. 




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.