Tuesday

How To Be Healthy On The Go, Go, Go!

From what I have gathered from reading all about other bloggers lives - we're all incredibly busy.
When you have a million things going on in your head, one of the last things you may be thinking of is your lunch/snacks if you're going to be out and about.
I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle and this includes eating healthy. If I could meal plan and cook every single day I would! Sadly this is not reality so here is how I stay healthy on the go!

The best thing for me - but you need to do some planning and have a little time - is to plan your meals ahead of time so you can pack them! Easier said then done, I know. 
I have very little time to slap together meals before I leave.
Salads are one of my go to meals on a regular basis. On Sunday I make some chicken, cut up anything I want to include in my salad (tomatoes, cucumber, celery, etc) that way when I only have 30 minutes before I leave I can just pull out my prepared ingredients and presto lunch!
The other great things about a salad? You can take it to go!



Another quick meal that I can enjoy for lunch or dinner? Overnight oatmeal! 
The great thing about overnight oatmeal is that there are plenty of different versions, it is easy to whip together, they are portable, and you can eat them hot or cold!


If you forget to make something the night before or if you are running crazy behind (been there done that!) then here are some of my favorite fast food-ish options that are still healthy and not a million calories. Remember you can add or delete anything that is part of a meal to make it healthier and remember that portion size is important!

{1} Panera
Panera has multiple healthy and nutritious options for those who are looking for a fast and healthy meal!
I really like their salads, chicken noodle soup, and the turkey avocado BLT

{2} Which Which
I love which which! I love to get a small turkey sandwich with wheat bread, tomatoes, avacado, grilled onions, and some lettuce.
You can also get a salad version of this sandwich along with others! 
I also opt out of chips and will usually grab an apple from the house instead if I am on the run

{3} Chipotle
It is no secret that I am a lover of chipotle. Granted the calories can add up super fast but that doesn't have to be the case! I usually get a burrito bowl with brown rice, chicken, black beans, corn salsa, lettuce, and I do get their guacamole at times. To me the burrito bowls are massive and I can only eat about half of one in a sitting so I take it home and have lunch for the next day :)

{4} Zoes Kitchen
Zoes has plenty of healthy options also! I am a big fan of their greek salad. I like to get it without the potato salad and add grilled chicken. I also love their chicken kabobs. Now if you look at the calories of the chicken kabobs - you may die, but I only eat about half of portion at once.

I can almost always manage to make my lunch before I leave or pack something before I head out but when I can't these restaurants are my favorite places to grab a good meal!

A few other tips to continue eating healthy while out and about that have helped me:

{1} Leave your wallet in your vehicle or do not carry cash.
While everyone might not be able to leave their wallet in the car depending on what they are doing, I have been able to get away with it during my time as a college student. This prevents me from buying anything on campus. Does that chick fil a look better than what I packed? You betcha. Am I bored from sitting in class/studying and want something from the vending machine? Yep. But look-y there - I don't have any money on me so I will have to pass.
This saved me during my time at State. I walked passed all the great food constantly but not having my wallet on me prevented me from buying food just because friends were and because it looked/smelled good!

{2} Pack your own snacks.
Know that you are going to be out for a bit? Bring a healthy snack that you can easily grab if you start getting hungry. This will keep you from spending unnecessary money and from eating junk food because it is fast and cheap.

{3} Have a sweet tooth? Don't fight it - bring a little treat!
If you are anything like me and love chocolate then hopefully this will help you too! 
I love chocolate/ice cream/cookies, etc. I just make sure to moderate my intake.
I found that if I brought a piece or two of something like Dove chocolate that it keeps me from wanting that Kit Kat Bar in the vending machine. 

What do you do to stay healthy while on the go? What are some of your favorite, healthy, meals??

I hope you all are having a good week! :)


3 comments

  1. I have never tired overnight oats, but always want to... it seems so easy and a great way to get a quick meal in without a lot of planning! Great post today!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.