Tuesday

Watcha Got Cookin'?

Recently I've noticed two recipes that other bloggers have shared that I was drooling over.
I challenged myself (and Daniel) to not spend any money eating out this week.
Therefore I thought it was a perfect time to try these recipes!

And guys, both of them did not disappoint - seriously, they are new favorites!
Bonus: Both of them of simple and easy to make!

{1} Healthy Power Pasta

I was starving last night so I failed to take a picture, but I got this recipe from Liz @ FitnessBlondie and you can drool over it by clicking here!
The only thing in the original recipe that I changed was that I used chicken instead of ground turkey.
I added some sautéed onions and garlic.
Before popping it in the oven I spread a little basil leaves on top of the feta cheese.

-Veggie Pasta
-I used basil and tomato sauce
-Feta Cheese
-Spinach
-Onions and garlic
-Chicken

Cook the pasta and sauté the onions and garlic. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once the pasta and chicken are cooked, place the pasta in an oven safe dish, add sauce (stir), add chicken (stir), add ion ions and garlic (stir), spinach (stir), and sprinkle some feta on top. Place in oven for 20 minutes and then you have a fantastic meal!

...I'm pretty sure I could eat this for lunch and dinner most days. Definitely give it a shot!

{2} Sweet Potato and Quinoa (ahem couscous in my case) Chili!


Elise @ CheersY'all posted this recipe a little bit ago and as soon as I saw her picture I knew I would be trying this. You can see her post about it here!

-Package of ground turkey
-1 onion
-3 garlic cloves -minced
-Salt and pepper
-3 cups of chicken broth (I used the low sodium kind)
-28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (I used a smaller can of chopped tomatoes)
-15 oz can of baked beans
-Can of black beans
-1 cup of uncooked couscous (or quinoa!)
-1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
-2 tablespoons of chili powder (I totally forgot to add chili powder and it was still delicious)
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon of paprika
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-Whatever toppings you want - I cheated and bought guacamole

Cook up ground turkey, onion, and garlic. Once done, place in crockpot and begin adding the rest of the ingredients - no particular order! Stir it all together and let cook on low for 5-6 hours.

I have leftover pasta and left over chili! I am one happy lady. I will definitely be making both of these again!

Tell me your favorite recipes! Also, if you make either of these recipes let me know if you enjoyed them as much as we (Daniel and I) did and also let me know if you modified them so I can try :)



1 comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.