Monday

Sometimes All a Girl Needs is a Mani/Pedi

It's amazing what something so simple like a manicure and pedicure can do for your mind. 
Daniel and I went to visit my parents this weekend and I have already been a bit stressed this month and our drive on Friday didn't help. After driving through one of the worst thunderstorms I have seen in a while, I realized that Daniel had put my Vera Bradley suitcase in the bed of his truck...
Yeah, the bag and everything inside was soaked by the time we made it to my parents house.

So on Saturday my mom suggested we go get our nails done. 
If you don't remember, I use to have fake nails, and I use to get my nails done every 2-3 weeks.
After I had my nails taken off I was determined to save some money by doing my own nails but boy I didn't realize how badly I missed the nail salon.
As I was sitting in the chair getting pampered, I was totally at ease and remembered how nice it was to take some time for myself. Yes, I plan on saving some money by painting my own nails but every once in a while I plan on going in and having someone do them for me. 
While it still feels like summer here ewwwww I am determined to ring in fall by doing my nails fall colors


My nails are OPI's 'How Great is Your Dane?'

My toes are OPI's 'German-icure'


The above picture is from Ulta and it definitely looks more purple in this picture than it does in real life. On my toes it looks like a darkened red. It's very pretty. 

On Saturday I was also determined to find costumes for the nuggets and I succeeded! Unfortunately neither of the costumes fit either of the boys the best, but it was still a hysterical photo opportunity. 



Can't you tell how thrilled they are?! Oh man, they tolerate so much and then stare at me pitifully. To top everything off, the eyes of both costumes light up :) 

Sunday my dad and I drove to Raleigh to get my haircut. My mom was suppose to come with me but she ended up not feeling good so I ended up spending some time with my dad! I also did something drastic for me...I cut a good amount of my hair off! I haven't been able to get a good picture of it but I will, I promise! It is a change but I really like it. Just need to work on perfecting it a bit!

So, how was your weekend?
Also, if you are stressed, go get your nails done and take a moment for yourself.





Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.