Wednesday

Easy Peasy Pork Chop (Slow Cooker)

My cooking skills are currently reserved for all things involving a crock pot. 
I have little time to make large spreads, but if I could I would!

I have staple crock pot recipes that involve about three dishes and after a while you get tired of rotating those few dishes/occasionally ordering out to spice things up a bit.

To switch things up a bit, I used pork chops instead of my usual chicken or ground turkey.

Here is how simple it is.
All you need is:
Boneless Pork Chops
Vidalia Onion (though a white onion would probably taste great!)
1 large apple peeled and cut into small cubes
A bit of brown sugar

What you do:
Prepare pork chops. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Chop up onion

Peel and chop up apple

Place chopped up apple and onion in the bottom of the crockpot. 
Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the apples and onions.
Place pork chops on top 
I cooked it on high for 4-5 hours because I was pressed for time. Next time I will cook it on low for a longer period to see the difference.
Complete!

I would show you a picture except Daniel and I devoured it...
It's good!

I will be experimenting, a bit, next time I make this dish. 
If you change anything up, let me know!! I love to revamp recipes :)


2 comments

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.