Sunday

It's The Little Things

With all the negativity and rudeness we seem to experience on a regular basis it can be hard to remember how much small acts of kindness can touch a person. When I was young my parents made sure to teach me manners - "excuse me, yes please, no thanks, etc." I know that there are plenty of good people still out there but I also seem to run into the type who don't say "I'm sorry" or "excuse me" because they are in a hurry and frankly that is the last thing on their mind. I am not saying that these people are bad - I understand that everyone has bad days - but it is annoying when you know that you would be more polite in said situation. 
So what is my point of all of this? Small acts of kindness - do something kind for someone this week if you get the chance! 

Yesterday Daniel and I let someone coming from the opposite direction into the Starbucks line. The guy behind us beeped at Daniel because of this. When we pulled up to the window the Starbucks employee informed us that our drinks had already been paid for by the guy that we let in line. Definitely made my cold rainy Sunday brighter!

Another example of kind gestures that I wasn't expecting but totally appreciated. At the end of last semester I went to the library to study in between classes and all of the single cubbies were full. I noticed one girl was packing up to leave. I also noticed another girl standing across from me in the book stacks who was also eagerly awaiting for the cubby. We looked at each other and I told her to go ahead and sit down because I saw a table with enough room that I wouldn't be crammed next to people. A few minutes later there was a tap on my shoulder and the girl who was also waiting for the original cubby had gotten up and come over to me just to tell me that the cubby behind hers was now vacant. I really appreciated it because I preferred to have my own space to study rather than a table with multiple people and appreciated her coming over to me and letting me know when she didn't even have to. 

In our busy schedules we tend to overlook the little things like being super polite all of the time or paying a random act of kindness forward. If you have the opportunity try to complete a little act of kindness - you may brighten a strangers or family members day! Is someone close to you super stressed? Offer to swing by and drop off dinner, pick up one of their favorite desserts, etc. 


Motivation Monday!!


P.S. I know this is totally off topic but I feel compelled to post this wonderful/slightly cruel thing I discovered at  Fresh Market this weekend - Edible Cookie Dough 

Why?!?!?!?! It looks so good. It comes in three flavors: chocolate chip, Oreo, and monster...
I have managed to keep it out of the house thus far but it is haunting me.

Happy Monday! 


3 comments

  1. I love those random acts of kindness! It is so fun to be on the giving and receiving end!

    Umm... that cookie dough looks so delish! I can't allow that into my house or it will be gone in 10 minutes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is crazy how much a little act of kindness can turn your whole day around!

      I know. I wish I never saw it because I'll probably end up getting some and it'll be lucky if it lasts a day!

      Delete
  2. You KNOW I love this. I will report back with my random act of kindness :)

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.