Monday

A Successful Weekend Despite The Weather

As the south came to a screeching halt because of the snow/sleet/and ice, I worried that I would not make it to my parents this weekend and/or I wouldn't make it to my hair appointment.
Not the biggest troubles in the world but I was excited to visit my parents and celebrate my Birthday with my family!

Thankfully Daniel's truck has 4-wheel drive and despite the trek we made it! Not without sitting in traffic but hey I was okay with that. To celebrate our safe arrival my dad brought home some Barberitos and gave me two different Teavana Chai's :)

If only my hair dresser could do my hair every day!

Saturday morning my mom and I headed out bright and early to get our hair done. We weren't sure how good the roads would be as it was below freezing and some of the drive consisted of wet road. Thankfully we made it without a hitch and my mom and I are looking much better! We enjoyed some lunch and a little stop at Sephora before heading back to my parents to relax before my Birthday dinner. That night the entire family headed out to 1618 and I was really excited since I hadn't been to the restaurant in years! I remember it being incredibly good so I was hoping it wouldn't disappoint and it didn't.




I had a chicken dish with vegetable potpie and a few onion rings. It may sound strange but the chicken is seriously some of the best I have had in a long time! We also enjoyed the DELICIOUS chocolate mousse for dessert and I wish I could eat the chocolate mousse every day of the week - no lie. 

Sunday consisted of brunch and cake with my family before Daniel, the nuggets, and I headed back to our house to prepare for the coming week. This week I start my second job so it is sure to be a busy one. I hope all of you have had an enjoyable weekend. I am going to enjoy some of my chocolate chai now!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.