Wednesday

Thoughts On Milani Foil Shadows

When I randomly stumbled across the new Milani foiled shadows I was thrilled. I am currently loving foiled shadows and have been wanting to order the Makeup Geek foiled shadows but haven't gotten around to it.
I had to pick up one of the foiled shadow quads sitting in the Milani display. There are four different quads - two of which are neutral and the other two are more colorful.
I picked up one of the neutral quads named Milani Milan.



I swatched the colors in the sunlight and as you can see they are not the most pigmented but they definitely are wearable and build able. The colors are gorgeous and I was surprised to discover that the shadows aren't a powder formula but more of a cream consistency. 

I wanted to review this earlier but I had to play around with the shadows a bit to find the best way to wear them. You definitely need a primer before applying these. The first time I tested these out I used a primer and they wore well for about 4 hours before I noticed any creasing. So not great but even though it creased the color stayed on my lid all day. The next time I tested these out I used a primer, applied a shadow, and applied the foil shadow on top of my powder eyeshadow. This is definitely the way to go. The wear time was much longer and they look beautiful on top of a powder shadow. 

The best way to apply these shadows is with your fingers. I tried with a brush just for the fun of it and wasn't impressed but using your finger and patting the foiled shadow onto your eyes works much better! You can also build up the color pretty easily while using your finger. 

Overall I wish the wear time was longer and I wish they wore like a true foiled shadow - i.e. without having to place a powdered shadow underneath - but the colors are very nice and the shadows did look nice on top of another shadow. Considering the price range isn't bad I think they are fun little quads to play around with!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.