Monday

Another Setback, A New Start, And I Spent Too Much Money at Target

There were good and bad things to this past weekend. The bad was that I learned I did not get off the wait list and into the accelerated nursing program this time around. It's a long complicated story but basically I had a plan to apply to the traditional BSN route and hopefully start in the Spring. With the traditional BSN route they use a ranking scale and I was told that to pretty much be guaranteed in I would need 11 points. Guess how many I have? 10. In order to gain an extra point I can take 12 credit hours and be considered a transfer student - no problem! I can take 6 credits the 1st summer session and 6 credits the 2nd summer session. This has been much easier said than done...Turns out that even though I was admitted to the university I was admitted for the 2nd summer session. Tried to change my admittance to the 1st summer session because I was told that I could - apparently not true. So I had to complete another application for the 1st summer session and now I am annoyed because I am worried I won't get the classes I want -_-

Rant Over.

The Good News:
I showed my horse this weekend!!! Oh my gosh, I cannot tell you how much of an accomplishment this was. A) I haven't ridden for a month B) I only cantered 3 jumps on Remi before/wasn't allowed to ride him much C) After the total stress from Friday (See above) I slightly lost it in the schooling ring and had to pull myself together D) My baby horse just turned 5 this past Saturday and this was his third show.

There is no better way to figure out how well you and your horse bond than being thrown in the show ring together when you are mere acquaintances. There is some sarcasm to that sentence because things can go awfully awry - it just depends on the horse and rider.
The good news is that I absolutely love my horse and I believe that we just clicked - thank goodness.
We definitely had some bobbles but nothing horrendous and considering all of the above I thought it was pretty darn good!
I'm just thrilled! I can't wait to show my little goober again in two weeks.


Today I ran around like a mad person trying to accomplish everything that I couldn't get done this weekend. I successfully accomplished everything I had planned for today. I did forget shave soap at Target so, you know, slight fail. Maybe that was because I was distracted buying other things...


I went slightly crazy. I would just like to say I stuck that blush on my bare face to see what it would look like and it is so natural and I love it! The highlighter is to die for. Both products are part of Sonia Kashuk's Summer Collection and I just happened to walk past it today. Seriously, go check it out!!

Please enjoy my doggie jammies. But I had to take a quick pic of the blush because it looks so nice and I have no makeup on. You can see it there on my left cheek/your right.

I also had a chance to enjoy some Starbucks today which I haven't done for a while because of my work schedule. I am rocking Essie's Naughty Nautical on my nails currently.


So, how have you been doing? Let me know!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.