Wednesday

Healthier Spaghetti! Featuring Spaghetti Squash

Hello lovelies! 
Currently I am dealing with winter storm Quantum - anyone else living in the line of fire?
If you are, I hope you are staying warm and safe!

Since I've been stuck in the house a bit longer than usual I have had some time to experiment with new food.
On the menu last night was spaghetti squash.
And let me just say that I really wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it when I first cut it open. It is honestly really good. It doesn't have a strong taste and it reminded me of angel hair pasta.




You can alter this recipe to fit your needs but here is what I used:
-Spaghetti Squash
-Roasted White Onions
-Spaghetti Squash Sauce
-Ground Turkey (I seasoned mine with a little bit of taco seasoning)
-I was going to add peppers but I was out


So good! 

P.S. Daniel put sausage on his and really liked it

What to do:
-Cut spaghetti squash in half and place face down in a microwave safe dish
-Microwave spaghetti squash on high for 12 minutes
-Cook ground turkey/sausage during the time the squash is cooking
-Roast Onions
-Warm Sauce 

Tip: Once spaghetti squash is done cooking let it sit and completely cool. This way when you scrape out the squash with the spoon it will come out looking like spaghetti. If it's still to warm you will have trouble scraping it out. 


I added a little parmesan to mine

Are you thinking about trying it? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I also found a spaghetti squash  and meatball crockpot recipe that I plan on trying out next week! After some trial and error I will share that recipe as well :)


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.