Monday

"We Look Like a Bunch of Clowns"

Monday has crept up on me once again.
I accomplished a lot this weekend - besides my normal grocery shopping and yoga/gym time, that is!
The one thing I did not accomplish was a lot of studying or cleaning. Okay, so I still studied a fair amount but my ambitious mind had this grand scheme of a plan on how much I could get done. Total fail. 

Friday nothing uber exiting happened. We had a huge thunderstorm that afternoon so I ended up studying and going to the gym instead of the barn like I was hoping. That night Daniel and I relaxed and watched some tv.
Saturday I woke up early to go to yoga. I love yoga every day of the week, but theres something so peaceful about going on a quiet Saturday morning. Daniel and I proceeded to take the puppies to the vet and all I can say is...mass chaos! I love our vet and they were kind enough to fit us in for the puppies last booster shot (even though I originally came in for their heart worm) but we waited for an hour. I don't mind waiting and at first the boys did so good! I was a proud nugget mom. Then it was a never ending rush of people and dogs (some not so well behaved) and the boys started get anxious. They finally received their shots and didn't even flinch/scream/cry! Good nuggets :) 
The nuggets and I had another round of anxiety as I took them to use the bathroom afterwards. All I have to say is it amazes that people don't use their brain when it comes to anxious puppies and anxious children. Nothing bad happened but it sure made the puppies more upset. 
After that anxiety producing vet visit, we took the boys home and settled them in before Daniel and I went to lunch. We went to a little place downtown called The Scullery. We love this place. The food is great/fresh/organic and the ice-cream is homemade. Yum!

Homemade Thin Mint Ice Cream!

Sunday I had high ambitions once again about how much I would get done. Once again I deviated from the plan. I woke up early to get work done and go to the gym because Daniel and I had plans to go fishing that afternoon. We ended up going fishing with Daniels brother who took us out on his little creek boat. We had this great plan to meet up around lunch and get back around 3:30 so that I could get more studying done and that Jordan could attend to the green houses. Yea...how about Daniel and I didn't even leave to meet Jordan until 1 and we weren't on the water until about 2:30. To top matters off, fishing was rough. We were out there until 5-5:15ish and we only caught one Shad a piece. We all got snagged on something at least once, but Jordan was definitely the winner in this department. Not only did he end up breaking his fishing rod, but he also got Daniels line hung up while Daniel was helping me get untangled. Hence the title: "We look like a bunch of clowns." This statement may be accurate. 

Fishing Time

I have a lot to accomplish this week so lets see how it goes! Happy Monday everyone! 

“It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.” 
― Lou Holtz


2 comments

  1. Did you get the same storm system as south east Virginia? It was pretty wicked! I almost went and hid in one of the central rooms in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! I don't think we got it quite as rough as you but it definitely shook my nerves!

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.