Monday

The Crazy Never Stops

Lets recap the weekend shall we? It might of been a slight disaster but such is life!

{Friday}
Ah Valentine's Day. Daniel and I had reservations at a nice little restaurant off the waterfront about 30 minutes away. I had been looking forward to getting dressed up and having a nice dinner with my sweet Valentine. What could possibly go wrong on this exciting Friday?
1) Traffic. 30 minute drive to dinner? I don't think so! More like an hour.
2) I am not a huge meat eater. I stick to my chicken, turkey, and an occasional burger. The menu had three entrees - duck, tuna, and filet. Well darn. I was bummed at myself for not being an avid carnivore because I knew all three entrees were delicious. And I was bummed because I couldn't get my favorite chicken dish that night. I ended up with the filet and even though it wasn't my first choice it was so good!

3) You know that horrible feeling when you poke yourself in the eye with your mascara brush? Well I managed to do something even worse. I was taking off my makeup and managed to get mascara in my eye. The burn was awful! Daniel managed to get some of it out that night and I went to bed in pain thinking that my eye was incredibly irritated.
I was in a great mood Friday morning! And maybe I was trying to see what my new makeup looked like on camera...guilty!


Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. Heaven on a plate!

{Saturday}
At 7 in the morning I had talked to my parents and was told to go to urgent care to see if there was something still in my eye and/or if my cornea was scratched. Low and behold I had another piece of mascara that had gotten lodged under my upper lid and moved across my eye every time I blinked. Ouch!! Good news - the numbing drops were so wonderful. I didn't even care that my eye had been poked and prodded at. Nor did I care that it was dyed neon yellow to see if I had scratched anything. The pain was gone and it was wonderful. Also, I didn't have to wear an eyepatch for the rest of the weekend. It's all about the little victories, people!
The rest of my Saturday was filled with boring adult things like grocery shopping, studying, and cleaning the house. I did manage to get to the gym and fall asleep by 11 on the couch - because I'm a wild child obviously :)

{Sunday}
Remember how I mentioned that I am such a wild thing? Yea, I was up at seven taking care of the puppies and studying. I had a nice little workout and then headed to the gun and knife show with Daniel. This turned out to be a great thing because there was a woman there selling Scentsy products!
Therefore I splurged and bought a few too many Scentsy waxes.
Behold the power of Scentsy products! They suck you in with their wonderful aromas and they were on sale.

Yep...Definitely had some fun!

As always the weekend flew by. And in typical weekend fashion, things didn't go as planned! Even when you think you have it all together life has a way of changing it a bit, doesn't it? I suppose life wouldn't be life (or near as fun/enlightening) if it didn't! Remember, some of the most frustrating moments at the time may become somewhat that you look back and laugh at in the future! I hope you all had a great weekend and here is your Motivational Monday quote!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson



5 comments

  1. Love Scentsy!! I love Raspberry Vanilla (i think that's what it's called) for my car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scentsy too! I live by the beach so our house is always flooded with anything beachy, coconut scenty or sandy smell! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice! I unfortunately do not live right by the beach but I am thankful that I am only about an hour away :) I bought the Scentsy scent 'Skinny Dippin' and it is making me want to get to the beach even faster!

      Delete
  3. I love Scentsy too and buy way too much!
    I'm glad you didn't have to wear an eyepatch! Yikes, that sounded painful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hanna!
    Just came across your blog and wanted to introduce myself as a new follower. :)
    I am a yoga lover too - now if I could get my butt back in the studio! Hope you'll stop over to my blog and follow along well.
    XO
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.