Monday

Valentine's Weekend {2016}

Forgive me for not posting for a week.
I promise I have a good excuse! My mom was in town for my horse show and because Nick was gone again.
Therefore, I was out to dinner every single night and then we did a little shopping (aka two stops at Great Outdoor Provision) to prepare for the frigid cold this weekend.

In order to prepare for the time spent freezing my butt off...I ate some great food


And I ate some more...


There was much more food than that but I was too ashamed to take pictures of all my food and have to relive the fact that I ate so much in a week.

The weekend comes and this is what we experienced at the horse show.


Yes, we horse showed while it snowed. Are we crazy? You bet.

I unfortunately didn't get to show as Remi came out a little funky on Saturday so we figured it was best to just let him rest. Hopefully everything will be worked out soon and we will be back in the show ring.

While I was bummed about my horse on Sunday - but I wasn't sad that I was missing out on the 17 degree weather at the show! - I spent the day running errands with Nick and relaxing.


This was our first Valentine's day and buying anything for Nick is hard. I would say that I was successful.


I got him some candy, a patagonia pullover, and this cute Cereal Killer spoon since he eats cereal all the time.

And just when I thought I had won (P.S. I know it's not about winning but he blew me out of the water at Christmas and since Valentine's day tends to be focused on the females, I wanted to have a nice gift for him) he decided to give me a run for my money.



Let's just say that I am set when it comes to chocolate for about half the year. He went and had pictures printed and put them in a frame, and he got me a Keurig.
Now I just have to master the Chai Tea Latte. We also bought some hot cider, which I actually really liked. 

How was your weekend? Did you get any snow or freezing rain?


1 comment

  1. Too funny, great minds think a like, I once got my husband a peanut butter lover imprinted spoon. Glad you had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.