Tuesday

"Is It Possible To Gain 20lbs From Dinner?" {Weekend Recap}

Those were the exact words I uttered after eating dinner with Nick at a new restaurant called The Rickhouse.
Between eating well all week and waiting for a solid 50 minutes in the restaurant (and this was after I put our name in and we drove around for 40 minutes to kill time), I was HUNGRY.

Before I get to the good stuff (aka the food pictures - side note: I didn't get pictures of the appetizer or my entree because I devoured both), I would like to take a moment to thank Nick for eating at 8:30PM with me after waiting for so long for food that he's indifferent about (he did like it though so it is safe to say we will be going back!) all because he knows that it makes me happy. 

Alright!

So I don't have a picture of the appetizer but I will tell you that it was a 3-cheese dip with tomatoes, onions, and homemade tortilla chips. 
I regret not taking a picture to share with you all but I do not regret how much of this I devoured. It was great.

True to Hanna form, I had to order a drink. I was impressed with their drink selection and will be going back to try others in the near future.
I ordered the Bulleit in a Buck and Nick had the Lynchburg Lemonade.

Mine was described as a mix between a sangria and bourbon drink. I believe they nicknamed it the 'mangria' and it was great. 

For my entree I had the Ginger and Bourbon chicken, which was to die for! While I was stuffed and ready to pop, I ordered dessert which was an ice cream sandwich with chocolate/peanut butter ice-cream. P.S. It didn't last long.


Sunday was a beautiful day so I went to the dog park with a friend and her puppy and Nick and I took the nuggets out for an afternoon stroll and snuggled up that night to watch The Martian.

 It was a pretty low key weekend. I did make an attempt at jambalaya, which turned out just fine. It had a little extra liquid (could be for a number of reasons - aka I bought the wrong size tomato's and used different rice), but it did taste really good! 

Wasn't done cooking yet in this picture so there wasn't that much liquid.

I would also like to say that on Friday I received my first notification from one of the nursing school's I applied to and I got in! I am happy to say that while I am looking forward to hearing back from the other three school's I applied to, I will now have a future as a nurse!

Overall, it was a very exciting weekend for me. How was yours?


2 comments

  1. There is nothing worse than waiting forever for your table!! Definitely sounds like it was worth the wait! So wonderful. And that Lynchburg Lemonade....YUM!! Congrats on getting into Nursing School!!! Cheers to that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth the wait! Thank you so much. I am so excited!

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.