Monday

Sometimes You Win And Sometimes You Don't {Weekending}

This weekend was a busy one.
Nick arrived home at 11:37 PM Friday night and most of Saturday was spent running errands.
Saturday night Nick, Ashley, and I at tented a year end awards banquet.
I've been riding since I was five and from an early age I learned that sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. 

Winning and losing can happen for a number of reasons.
I've won when I've deserved to and I've lost when I was having an off day or my horse was having an off day.
I will tell you that there were times where I had the most beautiful trip and didn't win. Why? There can be a combination of factors and I'm not going to lie. It's frustrating.
I've always won classes before that I never should have. For instance, there was one time when I picked up the wrong lead in a flat class and the judge happened to be looking at one of the other 15+ ponies and didn't see it so I ended up winning.
There was a time when I won a class even though I didn't complete the end of the course correctly - it's a long story but they basically changed the course after they already had one set and that is a no no - I did have a phenomenal round, though. 

Suffice to say, the Carolina Panthers may have not had the Super Bowl ending that they wanted but they won a lot this year and had a great season. 

I also won some this year and lost this year. Overall, I ended up 2nd (reserve) overall in my division. Remi was brand new, I switched divisions, and we had some fabulous days and some bad days. Overall, we improved throughout the season and I am excited to see what is in store this show season. I know there will be good days and bad days but I'm hoping there are a few more good ones than bad ones this season!


Nick was so kind to come support me even though he's been traveling recently.

Ashley and I with our awards. Ashley was champion in the division and I was reserve. 

Sunday consisted of gross weather, more errands, my mom coming to town, and the Super Bowl. 
It was a busy weekend but a good one. 

What did you do this weekend?


2 comments

  1. Yay on Reserve champion!! We have a son who shows steers and swine so the arena is home and we have attended many equestrian shows!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! Thank you so much! I really do enjoy my time spent in the ring.

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.