Wednesday

Thoughts On: Essence The Gel Nail Polish

It is no secret that I miss my shellac manicures. I bit the bullet about a year ago and stopped getting shellac and dedicated myself to doing my own nails. While I am never expecting to find a nail polish that lasts as long as shellac, I am always on the look out for nail polishes that can hold up to the gym, barn, and all my other daily activities.

I recently stumbled across Essence The Gel Nail Polish at my Ulta. 
My Ulta has limited colors but I was intrigued by the colors they did have and by the price point - did I mention they sell for $1.99??

I bought three colors: Indian Summer, Play With Mint, and Turn the Lights On.


Play With Mint on all nails except ring finger which has Turn the Lights On.


Essence Indian Summer on fingers and OPI on ring finger.

I am going to say that this polish lasts a solid two days on my fingers before I managed to chip them. While this is not amazing by any means, for $1.99 I am not complaining! I have OPI and Essie polishes that chip on the 2-3 day mark as well. 

So while longevity is not what you are going to get from these, you will have beautiful opaque coverage and it looks as if I paid for a gel manicure.

As long as you aren't expecting these polishes to last for a substantial amount of time - I say go buy a few! The finish of the polish and colors are beautiful. I plan on purchasing a few more - particularly a beautiful red called Fame Fatale and a gorgeous purple called Amazed By You.

I am going to note that there is a base coat and top coat that go with these polishes that claim to make the polish last 60% longer. At the time, I did not purchase their specific brand of base and top coat and used my CND Sticky Base Coat and Seche Vite Top Coat. When I purchase the other colors I am interested in, I am thinking that I may purchase the base and top coat and see if that makes a difference in longevitiy! 

If you have tried these polishes with the base and top coat, is it worth purchasing them to prolong the wearability of these polishes? 

Let me know!

Also, for those of you in the line of the strong storms, like I am, please stay safe. I am currently under a tornado warning while typing this.


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.