Monday

Unexpected Places

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days but I promise I have two good excuses reasons!
1) I spent my weekend at a horse show and it literally sucks up your entire life - but it's so worth it!
2) I am sick. Just a cold but it has sucked all the motivation right out of me. 

So, as the title says, I ended up at unexpected places this weekend.
First off, the horse show. I had planned on showing for a while but Velvet hadn't been quite right for a good month now and we started to suspect that it had to do with her shoes. While she was never not ridable (thank goodness!) she certainly wasn't going like she normally does.
We made the executive decision to have her re-shoed on Thursday and bring her to the show Friday to see if there was a difference.
I schooled her around Friday and there was a huge difference! Because of the large turn around we decided to show her even though both she and I hadn't jumped hardly in the past month+ because of everything going on.
We had a few rough spots but nothing bad whatsoever and I couldn't be happier considering the circumstances. I was pretty proud of myself and my little girl. 
We also ended up bringing Lulu over to the show to play with her - we also thought we were sending her home at this point. Well she is young and needs some work but overall (considering everything we've thrown at this mare) she has had a good brain about it. 
Now we are keeping her for a month and then sending her home to foal while we decide what to do next! 

Saturday night my mom, Daniel, and I headed back to the show to watch the equitation finals and then we headed out to dinner with Loren at a little place called Sunnyside Oyster Bar. I am going to link the website because, guys, this place was so much fun and I don't even like seafood! My dinner consisted of broccoli and cheese, lance crackers, shrimp, and beer. I regret not taking pictures of everything but you will get the gist of it if you decide to visit the website.
Let me put it this way...
If you happened to drive by this place without knowing anything about it you would more than likely avoid it - yes, it is a complete hole in the wall and while we all know some of the best places to eat are holes in the wall - there are plenty that you really should avoid.
We waited for about an hour before we were crammed into a rectangular bar while the shuckers stand on the other side and shuck your oysters right in front of you. The shuckers make the place! They even have pictures of the shuckers on the place mats and you just know that a lot of these people have been shucking oysters at this place for a long time. 
This place has been featured in Southern Living among other magazines so you know you're in for a treat! 

If you are ever in Williamston, NC then you have to stop by!

http://www.sunnysideoysterbarnc.com/home

So, I completely sucked at taking pictures this entire weekend and I apologize for that. 
Wednesday I plan on having a new healthy recipe posted if all goes well tonight! 

Did you have a good weekend?


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.