Thursday

Sally Hansen Gel Nail Polish - First Thoughts!

Hello everyone!
Sorry this post didn't happen yesterday but I literally ran around like a chicken with its head cut off all day and then promptly passed out around 10 before I could get this up. 

So, as I mentioned on Monday, I bought the Sally Hansen Gel Polish in Red Eye.

Here it is freshly applied on Sunday night:
BEA-uitiful!

Here it is as of today (Thursday):



So, it definitely isn't pristine anymore.
I wanted to see what it will look like on Sunday but I don't know if I will make it that far without repainting my nails.
Anyway, I will admit that the polish did apply nicely and is fully opaque after two coats.
I definitely recommend using their gel top coat with it. I only used one coat and next time I will use two to see if it makes a difference.

It really did look good until, about, late Wednesday night. I also admit that the color is gorgeous and I have received so many compliments on it. 

I do wish it would have lasted a bit longer since it is a gel formula, but overall it did perform pretty well considering what I put it through.
I have worked out every day, I thoroughly cleaned the house (scrubbing stuff without gloves), I've done the dishes multiple times, I rode two horses yesterday, and I have been playing catch (among other sports) while nannying.

Overall Impression:
I am pretty pleased! Yes, I wish it would last a bit longer - I miss my fake nails that lasted forever - but overall it looked really good once applied, the color is gorgeous, and I put it through the ringer and it managed to hold tight pretty decently. I think I will be picking up another color to see if it performs as well. Also, I will try two top coats next time to see if it makes a difference!

Will you be picking up one of these polishes?


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.