Wednesday

Puppy Madness!!!

I haven't even been a puppy mother for one whole week and it is exhausting.
The fact that I had two quizzes and two tests this week may have something to do with the exhaustion and I'm sleep deprived from the boys waking up at 6 every morning.
Meet my new munchkins! 
  Ah, peace and quite!

They've actually been quite good, I can't complain that much. Being a first time puppy mommy, I am discovering a few things.

1) Potty Training is H-E-Double Hockey Sticks
The munchkins are only seven and a half weeks old. I am very aware that potty training is not going to fully happen for a while, but nothing is more frustrating than sitting outside and watching them play/explore, while I run frantically to catch them, and within five minutes of being inside one of them pees. I understand that they don't have control of their bladder but my non-existant patience wishes they could magically go outside every single time. Thankfully, the are doing well and accidents are minimum.

2) Puppy Training is a Must
I planned on enrolling them in puppy classes before I got them, but watching them run around and towards the driveway/road is not a pleasant sight. They are curious little buggers who are just exploring, but the little buggers do not realize the road is off limits. The backyard is starting to get boring and apparently the side/front of the house is much more interesting now. Obedience training should be fun! I'm sure there will be a story, or two, to accompany puppy class. 

3) The Joys of Learning to Wear a Collar
Didn't you know that the foreign object that goes around your neck is much more fun to rip off your brother vs. actually wearing it?! To get acquainted with the collar, the boys wear it for a few hours each day. It is best when they are eating, playing, and going outside because they are distracted and don't notice it as much. Key point in that sentence is 'as much.' They still notice it and scratch, wine, attempt to get it off of each other, but overall they are taking to it quite well. Next will be the leash - that oughta be fun. 

4) They Will Mouth Everything and Anything
As I said, they have been well behaved little munchkins, but they do have a tendency to put their mouths around anything that they can reach. They aren't really chewing on anything, just seeing what it is. That is why having many toys is wonderful because they can rip those to shreds all they want! Boone did bite the brick step leading to the backyard today...smart cookie isn't he?

They really have been better than what I thought they were going to be! I already love the little goobers and am so happy to have them, except yesterday when I was so stressed because of a chemistry test and the whole potty outside thing wasn't going to so well. I cannot wait to form a bond with them. I had such a bond with Bailey that it has been difficult because I want to have that bond with these two so badly. It will take growing up and life experiences together, but I am hoping to share a special bond with them and I think one day I will. 

 Little Ash taking a much needed nap - being a puppy is so hard.

Boone! 

It's love :) 

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.