Wednesday

Being a Puppy Parent

This post is a little rant - you have been warned - stop reading if you want rainbows and butterflies, so feel free to keep reading!
I have had the boys for a week and half and I have experienced the weirdest thing that, females especially, are warned about at one point or another. When it comes to babies (human, animal, etc) everyone and their mother is going to have an opinion on how you should raise said baby....

THIS IS HOW I FEEL! 

Let me name the multiple things that I have done wrong/should not do according to different people.
1) Don't let them on the couch/bed (oops)
2) No plush toys (...we have 4)
3) No tug of war toys (yep, broke that also)
4) No wee wee pads (...I have no comment for this)
5) Do they sit yet? (They just turned eight weeks - but we are mastering it!)
6) Don't leave them home alone yet (double oops)
7) Do not get litter mates (OOPS!

Let me add a little disclaimer so that you all do not think I am just a cynical bitch:
I fully understand that everyone has an opinion on what you should and should not do, but I do not appreciate being voicing their opinions when they are not wanted or needed. If you have legit advice (i.e. this worked when we went through potty training, etc) I will gladly listen. I appreciate tips and tricks that have been learned from experience. Also, the litter mate thing...I have gotten so much negativity about getting two puppies - let alone litter mates. I did my research before getting them, I fully understand why litter mates may lead to problems, but I also know (from having rabbits, horses, cats, hamsters, dogs, etc since I can ever remember - and we've known multiple families with litter mates) the best ways to combat the potential litter mate problems. Dominance and separation issues can occur with any animal, at any age, and every size. 

So how do I feel about all of this?

Okay, so that above statement is not exactly true - I do my research and I make the best decision for myself and anyone else involved from there. 

I hear it only gets worse when it's actual children - the horror!

Sorry for my little rant, but I could not believe it! Within a week and a half and everyone has something to say. Such is life I suppose!

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.