Wednesday

21st Birthday Mash-Up!

Adriana (Dog Hair Is An Accessory - check her out here!) is doing a 21st Birthday story mash-up! 
While my Birthday story may not be as good as hers, I decided to share my story.
Prepare yourself for the 21st Birthday/Spring Break gone horribly wrong.

My Birthday is on March 3rd which is always the very beginning of Spring Break at NC State. I wasn't expecting to go wild that night (I had a 7:30 plane ride to Florida and I did enough partying freshman year that, it's incredible I survived, I didn't feel the need to go crazy until Florida). 
The exciting news was I was 21 and Spring Break started the next day! The bad news, EVERYONE left that night to head to their Spring Break destination - thanks friends! To make up for it, Daniel took me to a nice dinner at the Melting Pot and I wasn't even carded. How disappointing. Why is this disappointing? It was my first 'legal' drink and my first 'legal' time getting alcohol, and the waiter didn't even bother. 
Fast forward to after dinner, Daniel and I made our way to the Ale House where the bartender was hell bent on getting me drunk. A few beers and a shot, or two, or three, later it was time to go home and sleep. Thankfully for me, and to the dismay of the bartender, I have a high alcohol tolerance.

Florida time! I was so excited to spend Spring Break in Florida - on the beach with a few drink(s) in my hand! First day (Monday) in Florida was boring because it was two cold to go on the beach and we had to go get a rental car. Finally, day two (Tuesday) rolled around and it was gorgeous. Then we got a phone call from Daniel's dad - his grandfather had passed away and we had to get our butt on a plan early Thursday morning. Que the crying (all me) and emotions out the wazoo from both of us. I felt so bad for Daniel's family, but I also had a little pity party for myself since my family rarely vacations and I had been looking forward to this trip for months. After I attempted to drown my sorrow with a few drinks, Daniel and I had a nice dinner (where I attempted to drown my sorrows yet again). We decided to make the best of Wednesday so we drove around and spent the day exploring. So there you have it! My Birthday/Spring Break bash all ended within 2 1/2 days (it was originally 6) and for a very sad cause. 

It definitely is a story to tell! I wished a lot of things would have ended differently, but that is life, my friends! Share your 21st Birthday stories! I would love to hear them - and then link up at Adriana's blog (Here!)




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.