Monday

Preparing for Puppy Madness!!

Notice: I apologize for the lack of pictures - I am getting back into the swing of things after my heartbreak.
Growing up, it's a funny thing. I have been heartbroken, overjoyed, incredibly frustrated, and I've cried a lot. This does not pertain to a male per-say, but all aspects of life. So, as I keep plugging along - I am learning how to prepare for puppies!! Life is all about growing, and let me tell you, I have had many growing experiences. These puppies will be another one!

Let me just say, I am overjoyed and overwhelmed to receive these puppies this weekend - but I have a lab practical/midterm and two tests right after I get them - womp, womp. womp. I guess I will have to spend my study time wisely while the boys sleep.
I have grown up with dogs, and loved every single one of them. But, I never had to raise the puppies before. Am I up for the challenge? Hell ya! But I didn't realize how much planning it would take.
I have a collapsable crate √
I have toys √
I have treats and a treat container √
I have bowls √
Leashes/collars √
Name tags √

I am ordering a bed for them this weekend that they can grow into and I am on the hunt for puppy pads and a baby gate tonight! Finding a baby gate is difficult. There are so many and you don't know which one will work best until you try it (I sound like a crazed mother, don't I?).
I have to be careful on what I buy because I am getting two Miniature Australian Shepherds and they are smart cookies! They are very athletic and can get bored easily - that is why the toy hunt was also interesting. 

I have stocked up on toys (these boys are so spoiled and they don't even know).
Kong toys are recommended for dogs who need brain stimulation. So, I got a Kong, Kong balls, and a Kong Wubba. 
See Kong toys here

I also got this ball which has been a favorite of many of our past dogs 

For my dog treats...I got a massive Mason Jar. I kid you not! I am slightly obsessed with it and got it from Target. 

If this is what it's like preparing for a puppy, I cannot imagine what it will be like preparing for a child later in life. Craziness! I also am so sorry for no puppy pictures. When I went to see them, I neglected to take pictures because I was happy way to much fun playing with them (oops!!). But I get them this weekend and I promise you will be flooded with puppy pictures and might even get sick of the cute ones.

Until next time!

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.