Tuesday

Getting Back In The Saddle

This past weekend I was in Virginia for a horse show. This was such a fun moment because I haven't shown since the very beginning of this year, and I've been dying to get back into the ring. While I wish I had gone to the show with Remi (who is doing well by the way!), he is still recovering so I now have a new mount named Oliver.



Oliver is only 5 years old so he is still working on some things but overall he was a good boy and survived his first show with an amateur rider. This was an interesting show because we were all on inexperienced and new horses, but overall I would say that Oliver and I were successful!

 Twinning! Ashley on the left with her new mare Greyta and Oliver and I are on the right.

Telling Oliver that he was a good boy.


After sweltering to death at the show, I managed to eat my way through Culpeper during my short stay!

Fantastic Reese's cheesecake and gelato! Sadly I didn't get to enjoy much because I felt awful that night, but I can tell you that the few bites I took were magical.

The most delicious chicken salad wrap and white bean and feta salad. The Thyme Market is definitely a little gem in downtown Culpeper. 


 I found a French Bakery and OMG...I wanted all the chocolate. They had beautiful cakes (which sadly I didn't get to go back for because they were closed), pastries, coffee, gelato, and so much chocolate! We planned to go back for more later in the day, but they closed earlier than I thought! So sad! The peanut butter caramel chocolate that I did have was so good though. 

Going to Culpeper made me realize how much I missed showing and how I can't wait to get Remi back into the show ring!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.