Wednesday

2014 Favorites!


Favorite Foundation:
I really loved the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in 2014. I will definitely continue to use it in 2015 but I also want to branch off and find a foundation with a dewier finish this year. What I love about the Tarte foundation is its coverage (medium), how easily it blends, and how natural the finish looks. It is a little matte but I highlight so much anyway that it hasn't been a big problem for me.


Favorite Concealer: 
Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer. I have been using this stuff for a few years and it still hasn't failed me! It is super creamy and very blendable.

Favorite Face Powder: 
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder. I don't typically need to use much powder as I am not oily (so I cannot for sure say this will work on oily skin types!) but it is a nice, finely milled, pressed powder that applies nicely and it does not look powdery on your skin.

Favorite Blush:
I didn't have it for all of 2014 but I fell in love with the cult classic - NARS Orgasm.

Favorite Highlighter: 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. LOVE! Definitely worth the splurge.

Favorite Eyeshadow Primer: 
I always use either Urban Decays Primer Potion or a cream eyeshadow. My favorite neutral cream shadow is Maybelline's Barely Beige.

Favorite Eyeshadow: 
Hmm...during the summer I reached for MAC Tan Pigment a lot. For the fall I tended to reach for Urban Decay Roach or Urban Decay Half Baked.

Favorite Eyeliner:
Okay toss up - for my water line I absolutely love Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner and for doing a cat eye I love Benefits They're Real Push Up Liner. I have found that it works a little better during the warmer months because the product has gotten a little hard (and harder to apply) during the winter months. 

Favorite Lipstick:
Hands down the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color. I have 5 of the shades and they are absolutely wonderful.

Favorite Brushes: 
For the price and quality - hands down the Real Techniques brushes. I have almost the entire original line and have not been disappointed with a single one. They are also very versatile so you do not have to use them for their intended use. Example, I use their blush brush as a powder brush also. They now have a higher end (Bold Metal Collection) line out that I will be sure to review very soon!

Please note: I did not include lipliner or bronzer. I dabbled with both of them but I am really looking to find a bronzer and some lip liner to incorporate into my usual routine!


4 comments

  1. i think I'm obsessed with your blog =] nothing better than a beauty blogger! I love this idea too, I think I might do my favs of 2014 as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I would love to see what your favorites are :)

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to try Tarte's foundation for a while, that will be next on my list - plus, I am so excited about a good cheap powder... I have been on the hunt and will pick this up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! It has some so-so reviews on line but I use it with a big fluffy powder brush and a light hand and it looks great on my normal skin!

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.