Monday

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

This weekend was packed full of everything and everything.
My mom came into town on Friday night, after battling traffic for an hour and half, she finally made it! We got take out and watched Say Yes to The Dress together instead of texting about it.
Saturday morning we grabbed some breakfast and coffee before heading to Raleigh to have our hair done and spend some time together. Even though it is always a bit stressful meeting in Raleigh because of time constraints, I always look forward to getting away for a day and seeing my mom!
We ate at CowFish Burger Bar and I forgot how good their Apple, Brie, and Cranberry Turkey Burger  is! 

Sorry for the not so lovely iPhone picture but you get the idea of how wonderful the food is.

Afterwards I went on the hunt for some plain, but fancier, tshirts. Great description, huh? I have a lot of cotton crew neck shirts that I throw on when running quick errands or when I go to class but I wanted something a little nicer. Thankfully I managed to find a few and now I know which brand fits me well so that I can keep an eye out for more shirts. 
That night Daniel, my mom, and I drove to Little Washington to eat dinner at The Bank Bistro. It's a neat little restaurant that resides in the original bank of Little Washington. The vault isn now part of the bar! Dinner was pretty good and the weather was gorgeous that night. 
Yay for iPhones pictures this weekend :p One day I'll remember my camera.

Sunday my mom and I drove around town and went grocery shopping. Then we all went to brunch and made a quick trip to the barn so that mom could see Ms. Velveeta! Then my mom had to head home as she was trying to avoid traffic. Too bad we forgot it was graduation weekend on top of Mother's Day. That night Daniel and I headed over to his Cousins house for a little cookout and to see his mom for Mother's Day! 

If you are a fur momma like I am, I also hope you had a great Mother's Day. Ash decided that since this is our first Mother's together that he would wake up at 4:30 that morning and throw up twice throughout the day. Thankfully his day was turned around when we bought the boys a tiny pool! Boone is all about water and took to the pool real quick! Ash was a little more interested in a cricket but I think he'll take to it eventually. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that your week gets off to a good start!




2 comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, despite the unfortunate doggie-sickness.

    PS: Umm... that burger looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.