Friday

Confession Friday - Three Easy Go To Meals Edition

Today confession Friday is going to be slightly different. 
Everyone who links up will be sharing three easy recipes!
I know I have three staple recipes - and I am excited to see what other's enjoy eating on a regular basis so that I can add them into my rotation!




If you want to play along - or see what everyone else is eating - go here!

{1} Ground Turkey and Couscous Chili



I originally saw the recipe on Elise's blog but I adapted the recipe slightly and I must say that I love this meal! And depending on the size of your family, you may be left with tons of leftovers!

-Package of ground turkey
-1 onion
-3 garlic cloves -minced
-Salt and pepper
-3 cups of chicken broth (I used the low sodium kind)
-28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (I used a smaller can of chopped tomatoes)
-15 oz can of baked beans
-Can of black beans
-1 cup of uncooked couscous (or quinoa!)
-1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
-2 tablespoons of chili powder (I totally forgot to add chili powder and it was still delicious)
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon of paprika
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-Whatever toppings you want - I cheated and bought guacamole

Cook up ground turkey, onion, and garlic. Once done, place in crockpot and begin adding the rest of the ingredients - no particular order! Stir it all together and let cook on low for 5-6 hours.

{2} Mexican Lasagna 

You can find the original recipe here.

- Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Packet of fajita or taco seasoning
- 28oz can of tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can of black beans
- 15.5 oz can corn 
- 2 cups of salsa (I don't always add the salsa)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken 
- 1 onion, chopped

Cook your meat, shred your cheese, and chop your onion. Start by putting a layer of tortillas at the bottom of your crockpot and then start layering! Chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, taco seasoning, onion, tortillas. Just repeat until your crockpot is at capacity and let cook on high for 3-4 hours.

{3} Turkey Burgers (sliders)

Mine never turn out that "perfect" :p

Daniel and I love making turkey burgers. We have made our own turkey burgers without a recipe for a while now, but we are really excited to try Bobby Flay's recipe soon! Try it here!

-Package of ground turkey
-Package of onion soup mix
-1 onion, chopped (we cook our onions and caramelize them a little before adding them)
-Goat cheese, pepper jack, etc
-Olive oil
-(Little) buns (if doing sliders)
-Lettuce, tomato, apple - any topping you would like!

Using a little olive oil (or whatever you prefer) make the turkey into a burger shape while incorporating the onion soup mix. Cook burgers until done. At the end of their cooking stage, add a little cheese and onions if you desire. Add any toppings you like and ta-da you're done!

Simple, easy, delicious :)
Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe Memorial Day Weekend!


4 comments

  1. Ground Turkey and Couscous Chili looks so good, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend and I love making turkey burgers too! This recipe is little different from our usual, so can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey burgers are so great! I hope the recipe turns out well for you :)

      Delete

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.