Tuesday

Playing Chef

As Daniel works all day and I run around going to class, the barn, the gym, errands, cleaning, etc. 
Dinner can become quite a hassle. I feel as if I have no time to make anything and we generally do not eat until 8 or so because Daniel is off so late.
My saving grace? The crock pot! 
Granted I do not make food everyday (I'm not that good!), but when I have the time I love preparing crock pot meals and not having to worry about them for 6-8 hours.
So without further ado, here are some crock pot meals that have been a hit with Daniel.
I should also warn you that the majority of these crock pot meals are pork related. I do not eat pork and Daniel rarely gets it so he really enjoys the pork and I can give him the leftovers for lunch.

Crock Pot French Dip 

Picture and recipe credit here

This may have been one of his favorite recipes!

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

Picture and recipe credit here


Here's another simple recipe that I made up - I'm sure it exists elsewhere but I just did it one day.
1) Get a rump roast (or anything else on sale/cheap)
2) Your favorite meat rub
3) Favorite BBQ sauce

Trim your meat, rub the meat rub all over the meat, place some tinfoil (rolled into balls) at the bottom of the crock pot, place the meat on top of the tinfoil, and poor as much BBQ sauce over top. 

Simple as pie! And it tastes quite good!

What I am making tonight:
Crock Pot Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Photo and recipe credit here

We will see if this is a hit or not tonight! 

And what I am hoping to make Thursday or Friday!
Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna
Photo and recipe credit here

In the fall I will be experimenting with a lot of soups and stews! I'll have to have an updated post on all of that come the fall. Speaking of fall, I cannot wait until the weather cools down. Fall is my favorite season and I have already been stockpiling clothes for the fall (oops!)

I hope one of these recipes looks appealing to you. If anyone decides to try one, let me know what you thought!
And also, let me know if there are any recipes that you love!

Until next time :)

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.