Monday

Mountains - "No One Said We Had To Climb A Mountain To Get To The House!"

Last week I spent time with my family in the mountains of NC.
As our family vacations tend to go - there are usually a few unexpected/disastrous moments along the way.

Where shall I start?
I was bummed before even leaving for the mountains because Daniel could not come with.
So on Sunday I headed out by my self (well I did have my little poof ball with me :D). Thankfully, my mom did not drive up with my dad, sister, and her boyfriend the day before so that I could meet up with her at my parents house and drive together. 
After we did some shopping in Greensboro (oops!), we made our drive to the house!

First off, it was not very easy to find and the iphone maps did not give legit directions.
Second, we did not realize you literally had to climb a mountain to get up to the house - not to say I was totally shocked, but in all my years of going to the Blowing Rock Horse Show and all the houses I have stayed in, I have never had to make a climb like this one!
Last, only one bathroom out of five had hot water...

After promises from the rental company about fixing the hot water, they proceed to tell us on Wednesday that we need to be out of the house and into another one. This was frustrating for everyone.
Not only did they not have a comparable house close to where we were staying, we had to go to another house that was thirty minutes away and literally at the top of Sugar Mountain. 
Biggest pain in the butt - vacation is suppose to be relaxing!

While there were moments of annoyance, frustration, and a trip or two to the ABC store, there were also many good moments spent with family.
I do believe I spent most of my time stressing about the crap going on in the mountains, how my house is still not fully together, and classes starting so soon. 
Besides that, there were many good moments and I truly enjoyed being there with my family and am very glad that we got to spend the time together.

I also enjoyed the weather and shopping...not that either of those are a shocker!

Gorgeous view from the parkway 


One of my favorite little shops in downtown Blowing Rock

View from the second house!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.