Wednesday

Balance

As I have gotten older, I have managed to get busier and busier.
I start off every semester thinking that I will have more time than I actually do.
Actually, I tend to take on too much just to prove that I can do it - This may or may not involve a partial meltdown at the middle/end of the semester.
I am a control freak and a perfectionist. This might be part of the reason I think I can balance a ton of things - and I do actually get it all done!

The point of this post is to not be like me. You can take on a lot, just make sure you balance it well.
I need to follow this advice as I start my new semester tomorrow (I'm NOT ready yet!!).
For me, I balance classes, the gym (guilty pleasure/stress reliever), and my horse (need I say more on this subject?). This semester I am also looking into getting a job.
Yep...I may be crazy but I think we established that pretty early on.
I know I can handle all of this - that is not the problem.
What I need to do is make sure I make time for the things that matter like surprising Daniel with dinner, walking the dog, and spending more time at the barn.
In the past semesters I noticed myself neglecting the little things that made others and myself happy in order to get everything else done and get good grades.

This past semester (my last semester at NC State - so sad! No more football! Ugh, I'm sure there will be a rant about that), I began to realize that I was giving up my horse (bad idea - stress reliever and makes me so happy!), I never had time for Daniel, and little Bailey had to cut back on his walks. I also noticed that I was becoming a cranky female dog because I was spending all my time reading for school.

This semester, I am not taking as many courses and I am making the promise to myself that I will manage to get everything done and I will make time for the things I enjoy. 

Follow me as I prep to do this and prepare for nursing school!


P.S. I start classes tomorrow and have not gotten one e-mail/syllabus from any of my teachers yet...boo!
See the control freak coming out? 

Love you all!

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.