Monday

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...The End Of Christmas Break

Happy New Year and happy 2018!
I have few complaints about last year (except for my car, but that's a different story), and I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be a good year - I mean, I'm graduating again and will soon be a registered nurse! 
We'll get to that and graduate school later this year. In the meantime, let me tell you a little bit about my Christmas break. I can tell you that it is certainly going by way too quickly, but I have made the most of it.

Like I said in my recent Friday Favorites, I definitely enjoyed some food ice cream!
First of all, I found a rolled ice cream place and couldn't pass it up since I've been drooling over all of the Facebook videos. So I went twice!
Behold the S'mores and Cookie Monster rolled ice cream.


I continued my ice cream trend when I went to celebrate my good friends gender reveal party. First the ice cream...
Literally the best thing I have had in a while.

Second, lets talk about the gender reveal party that Logan and I managed to scrap together (we're both in nursing school and the party happened right after finals). Thankfully Mitzi had done a hunk of stuff on her own time and that was incredibly helpful. 



Logan and I were the one's who were entrusted with the secret...shhh
 In case you are wondering Mitzi and her husband are having a boy!

I don't get to see Mitzi much so I went to visit a few days before the gender reveal party and partook in fun in the form of ugly sweater trivia at a local winery. 


Nick had to work for the majority of my break but we both spent time visiting our parents and even had a night to go to dinner. 

I know they are hard to read but our shirts say Lit up like a christmas tree. It's the only time of the year that I can get Nick to wear matching outfits. 

I am so very sad that Christmas is over and I am lamenting about the fact that I have to wait a whole year to experience Christmas again.

I also hate to report that I was a total blob on New Year's Eve. Nick and I had plans to go out to dinner (potentially) and a brewery and ring in the New Year but I did not feel good so our night consisted of take out and both of us falling asleep on the couch before midnight. Far cry from last years New Years Eve which was spent in New York. 

As I gear up for school again and hopefully very exciting news, I wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you all! I hope you had a good time and maybe, just maybe, did something much more exciting than I did for New Years.


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.