Wednesday

First Impression: Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner

It's been a little bit since I've done a first impression, but today I am back to talk to you about a new (well new for me) and exciting product! 

Today I am going to give you my thoughts on Smashbox's Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner. I am a lover of eyeliner and when I saw that these little beauties sharpened themselves I had to get my hands on them. Well lo and behold, my dad surprised me with the limited edition set of liners that they did with Yago Hortal. 
The unfortunate news is that the set is hard to come by (though I did find it on amazon), but you can buy most of the colors individually. 

L to R: Royal, Sumatra, 3D Cleopatra, Raven, and 3D Blueprint

What I love about these is that they are soft and easy to apply, they are well pigmented, they are always sharp, and they ware well.

First of, I want to say that I am so thrilled that I finally have an eyeliner that is always sharp! Every time you twist the cap back on the liner is sharpened. Second, I can't attest to their full ware time but I did wear them to work last week for 6 1/2 hours and they still looked just as good when I got off as they did when I first applied them.


To test out the waterproof claim, I kept the swatches on my arm when I showered. Before showering I tried scrubbing them with my finger and they did not budge or transfer. In the shower I scrubbed them under the water and with soap and they were still there. The only way I got them off was when I scrubbed the swatches with a loofa. 

So overall I am thoroughly impressed. The only downfall I see to these is the $20 price tag per eyeliner. If you use a lot of liner everyday these may not last long, but if you are just using it on the waterline then I think they will last you for some time. 

Have any of you tried this liner? Tell me what you think! 


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.