Monday

She's Got The Blue Jeans Painted On Tight

This weekend marked a new chapter in my life - in more ways than one.

Friday was a busy day and that night I headed to the Dogwood festival to support my friend, Ashley, and her group as they sold popcorn, snow cones, and drinks for a group project. It ended up being a successful night for the group and they were pleased about the money they raised to donate to their chosen charity.
While I was happy that I went out and didn't mope around all of Friday night, I am going to admit that it was hard. There were so many couples and so many couples with young kids that it became difficult to stand and watch it all after a few hours. As my heart started to hurt again I decided that it was time to leave.

Ready for the brutally honest part? After crying on the way home at approximately 10 o clock that night, I snuggled in bed with the dogs, ate popcorn, drank a beer, and watched Cupcake wars. Even though I may have been sad, Ash always cheers me up by doing some weird antic and Friday night he decided that perching above my head was a good idea.


Saturday morning I was up early in order to make it to Raleigh for my early hair appointment. My mom and sister were also suppose to have their hair done but my mom was out of town due to a business trip and my sister bailed. My dad took pity on me and decided to drive up Saturday morning so that we could meet in Raleigh and have lunch! I appreciated it so much. We ended up at Tupelo Honey and I have to admit it wasn't as good as the hype made it sound. Definitely not bad but it didn't blow me away. However, their decor did blow me away. Especially the light fixture that you stand under as soon as you walk in.


That night Ashley and I prepared to go back to the Dogwood festival in order to enjoy the concert that night. Overall the night had a few setbacks but overall it was a good one! I learned many things about myself Saturday night. 

For instance:
+I can still drink like I could in college (good or bad - eh, this is a toss up)
+Younger people are cheap and won't pay the cover to get into a bar (This doesn't apply to everyone in the world but it applies to the entire group, besides me and Ashley, because they didn't want to pay)
+I am too old for house parties (aka I bailed real fast)
+Married men who hit on me never cease to amaze me (Ew, creepy, go away)

The night did start off well!

Needless to say I drank too much and I stayed out late for my taste. Obviously I planned on sleeping in a little on Sunday morning but because I had no motivation to drag the dog crates into my room that night, I let them sleep on the bed. Bad decision. Ash became quite sick that night so at 8 o clock on Sunday morning I was awake cleaning up dog puke. Clearly I live the life. I may or may not have stayed in the house until 5 last night when I convinced myself that I had to make it to the gym/I was getting Mexican for dinner.

So...How was your weekend?


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.