Tuesday

Blood Splatter Nails

Fall is a time for sweaters, boots, warm drinks, and blood splattered nail art!
I am a lover of fall nail colors and I usually am pretty plane Jane and do some beautiful fall color with a sparkly accent nail, but I decided it was time for a change.

I will warn you that this is a bit messy. I planned on doing all my nails with the blood splatter but opted against it when I realized how much of a mess I would make.

What you need:
White nail polish
Red nail polish (I used two different ones)
Paper or something to make cleaning up easier
Nail polish remover/brush
Straw (I used a regular straw and I think a coffee straw would work better)
Top coat 




I started by putting a base coat on and then I applied the white polish to my ring finger and a sparkly red polish to the rest of my fingers.


Then let the splattering begin!


Clean up your nails and you have the finished product!


Polishes used: Essie Base Coat, OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Zoya India on all nails but ring finger, and Essie Shearling Darling to create the blood splatter. I topped it off with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.

Done! 
Are you going to try this out?

*P.S. sorry about the photos. As I began painting my nails I wasn't aware where the sun was and then my nails on both hands were wet so I didn't want to go and play with the blinds at the time.


1 comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.