Tuesday

Reflections

This summer has been a big one for me.
Growing up causes a lot of excitement and chaos in ones life. 
It has been a growing experience, that is for sure.

This summer I have been living alone. Daniel has gone back to his hometown to be a partner on the farm and my roommate went home to work before Grad school.
To make matters even better, they both left a few days a part. 
I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset. I hadn't lived alone in the apartment complex and I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. It's not that I am afraid to do things alone - I am actually very independent and prefer to do everything myself if possible (maybe because I'm a bit stubborn!). 
BUT, I was horrified about being alone at night.

Now that my alone time is coming to an end, I can say that I believe every female should live by herself even if it is for 1 month, a whole summer, year, etc!
It has been a growing experience that I am thankful to have had (and I'm thankful that it's over!!) because it allowed me to really reflect on a lot -- Okay, maybe this was because I was a slight coward and had a hard time sleeping at first, but that is besides the point.
It really is a good experience, especially for those that are not comfortable doing things on their own, or for those, like me, who just aren't comfortable alone at night. 
I'm not saying that I ever become comfortable with being alone at night, but it made me realize that I could do anything and I was more capable than I ever imagined. 

It was a scary, horrifying, panicking at any strange sound, experience.
It really showed me how strong I was between the relationship and living situation changing all at once.
The joys of growing up, right?!

Love and kisses to all!

This coming weekend is the big moving weekend! Expect an update on how that goes at the end of the weekend or the beginning of next week :)

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.