Tuesday

WEG Day 1

After biting my nails and sweating anxiously while riding out hurricane Florence and questioning if I would be able to make it to WEG, I can happily say that I made it last night and spent my first day there today.



I will admit that I feel very out of place not having my breeches and boots on at a horse show venue, but besides that I am having an absolute blast. I'll admit that I didn't take many pictures today as I was in awe of everything before me, but I promise I will have a full post on my entire time here. 

I have showed at the venue at Tryon multiple times, but it has become a whole different beast since I have been here last. Yes, there are things that are unfinished and if you follow social media and WEG at all I am sure you have seen many a posts of all the good and bad that has happened and that is being posted. So first off, yes, I'll admit it is a bit of a bummer that some things are not finished completely - especially considering the money that is spent, but the important areas that were needed for the horses and the show itself (arena's, barns, etc.) are finished and look beautiful. Don't let the unfinished thought fool you, Tryon is still hosting a beautiful event and the staff is incredibly accommodating and friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my first day.

Oh and if you're into shopping, this is where you want to be. I am in horsie shopping heaven. Everything my little heart desires is just a jump, skip, and a hop to to the next tent. Companies that I have drooled about on instagram but never see at the shows are here and I spent the majority of my day out and about trying things on, drooling over jewelry, admiring artwork, and talking with vendors  because everyone is so nice! It is always super fun to find out where everyone is from and sharing the love of horses with so many different countries and disciplines. 

Basically, I never want to leave and I will continue to ignore my real life for the next few days and live in the dream world that is WEG for now. 



Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.