Sunday

Hurricane Survival 101

Disclaimer: This is how I survive the hurricanes I have been through. I have been very fortunate that I have kept power each time so I have been able to do some things that others may not have had the luxury to do. 



Step 1: Charge everything! I charge everything I normally use - my laptop, my phone, my backup battery, my iPad, etc. Nick also charged an extra car battery we have so that if we lost power I could charge items using the car battery.

Step 2: Have lots of batteries! I don't have an official hurricane kit, but I do have flashlights and a radio that operate off of standard batteries. Make sure you have plenty just in case you are without power for days. 

Step 3: Food and water. I always buy some bottled water and I also fill containers up at home. That way I have plenty for myself and the dogs. Also buy non-perishable food/food that doesn't have to be warmed up or refrigerated/frozen. We always have bread, peanut butter, jelly, crackers, chips, protein bars, fruit bars, etc. I also bought apples, bananas, celery, and some other items that I could eat and not totally go off kilter with my eating. We also filled multiple coolers with ice just incase we did lose power so that we could stick refrigerated food in the coolers. 

Step 4: Get gas. Just in case you have to evacuate, make sure you have a full tank of gas.

*Not so serious steps to surviving hurricanes*

Step 5: Get yourself some nuggets to snuggle. Kidding. But they do make being in the house slightly more bearable. I also made sure the nuggets had food and plenty of green beans.

Step 6: If you are stir crazy like me and need to work out, either download online workouts that you can do at home (I google home workouts and save pictures to my phone) or if you do have the internet but do not/cannot leave the house, there are many no equipment at home workouts that you can follow along! 

Last but not least, stay educated, safe, and don't panic! It's hard not to panic when the grocery store starts selling out of stuff and you start worrying about yourself, your family, your house, etc. Always be safe and help others in need. It warms my heart to see everyone helping each other during these times. 

Those of you in the path of the hurricane, I hope you all made it through without much damage. I know this isn't an exciting post, but this is something a lot of people are facing right now. 



I will be back with some fun posts next week or the week after. I have some new makeup that I am going to review as well as a post about WEG. 




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.