Monday

TJ Maxx Beauty Finds

I'll admit, I was a bit iffy about buying makeup at TJ Maxx at first. I had many thoughts as to how and why they get seemingly good products and can sell them at such good prices. I finally decided to bite the bullet and try some stuff out because if the makeup is good, who cares if it isn't real (Disclaimer: I am not saying the makeup I see at TJ Maxx is or are knock offs. I have read a lot of contradicting opinions and I had my own assumptions and do not know how true any of it is***). 

If the makeup is good, I am thrilled to get my hands on it for such a good price. So these are my favorite items that I have found at TJ Maxx thus far.

Anastasia of Beverly Hills

The Aurora Glow Kit

While I'll admit that some of the colors are non-conventional, I do enjoy these highlighters. Even the non-tradional colors are quite beautiful on my skin - I just use a light application. My only complaint is that the formula is a bit powdery, but I still use these all the time. 

Contour Kit

This and my Kat Von D shade and light palette (not from TJ Maxx) are used on a daily basis.

Liquid Lipsticks 
(Catnip, Madison, and Craft)


I have found many more colors but these are my favorites.

Stick Foundation
(Honey)



I use this to contour and love it. The foundation is creamy and blends incredibly well. 


Kevin Aucoin

Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting in Candlelight 


This product gives you such a gorgeous glow!



I have a blue eyeliner from L'oreal or Rimmel that I love as well. Extremely creamy and great staying power. I have found plenty of other wonderful products including eyeshadow palettes (Cargo, Anastasia of Beverly Hills). I have seen Kat Von D studded lipsticks, eyeshadow, and blush, Stila eyeshadows and lipstick/lipgloss, Urban Decay eyeliners, Becca foundation and a transforming lipgloss (both had been opened and messed with unfortunately), etc. 
I always look to see if the products have been opened and swatched - if they have I will not buy them. All items that I do buy, I swatch on my hand or arm first to see if I have any odd reaction to them (I never have) and I smell the product to see if it maybe expired, though I have never run into this problem either.

What is the most exciting thing you have found at a great price??

Happy shopping!



Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.