Monday

Healthy Chicken Salad

I have been wanting to make a healthier version of chicken salad for a while and I finally got around to doing it! 

It is super simple and will not take you much effort at all. Win, win - yeah?
Oh and if you make a ton like I did then you will have meals for the week!





You will need:

-Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I used four)
-Lemon juice or a lemon
-Grapes
-Plain greek yogurt (I used fate 17.6 ounce)
-Grapes
-Almond Slivers
-Walnuts
-Anything else to your liking


Directions:
-Cook and shred your chicken breasts. I cooked mine in the crockpot
-Once chicken is cool add greek yogurt. I ended up using all of my greek yogurt since I had four chicken breasts shred up
-Add half a lemon (or whatever suits your taste)
-Slice grapes in half and add to chicken and greek yogurt mixture
-Add almond slivers, walnuts, etc

*The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it to your liking. That is why I don't have exact measurements. It's so easy!

I let mine sit overnight and was very pleased with the results today at lunch. I stuck mine on some lettuce but you can also pop your chicken salad into peppers! I plan on doing this also.

You can also eat this with blue chips or your favorite crackers. 

Next week I plan on making stuffed(isn) sweet potatoes. We'll see how it goes!

P.S. Tune in Wednesday for my October favorites! 



Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Simply Teasing. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.